Psychological Assessment: Psychological Assessment is the use of a standard clinical interview and standardized tests to measure skill, knowledge, intelligence, capacities, or aptitudes in order to make predictions about behavior or performance. Assessments are often customized to meet the client’s specific needs and referral question.
Dr. Schwerzler has extensive experience in assessment in all age groups. Examples of assessments are as follows: (click on each link to learn more).
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Disorders
- Disability Evaluations for any mental health or learning issue
- Diagnostic Evaluations and treatment recommendations for any mental health issue
- Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Anger Management Evaluations
Neuropsychological Assessment: Neuropsychological Assessment is the use of a standard clinical interview and standardized tests to measure a psychological function known to be linked to a particular brain structure or pathway. Neuropsychological tests can be used in a clinical context to assess impairment after an injury or illness known to affect neuro-cognitive functioning.
Examples of Neuropsychological assessments are as follows:
- Cognitive Decline (problems attention, concentration, ability to make decisions)
- Measuring Cognitive effects of a stroke or other brain injury
- Measuring significant memory decline or Dementia
- Aphasia (loss of the ability to speak or understand language)
- Ability of an elderly person to care for themselves and Guardianship issues